𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

Pumping, pressing, pulling. The transparent holy trinity of exercise. Where would we be without the three? The pressing happens when you're underneath an abominable amount of mass, most likely loaded onto your favourite barbell or leg press. The pulling ensues when you're cranking out rugged sets of chins or overly burdensome deadlifts. And the pumping? That takes place with clenched teeth and dumbbells in hand while powering through set after set of thumbs-up curls, though most refer to 'em as "hammer curls" nowadays, similar to how back-extensions in some way became "hyperextensions". Maybe I'll tweet about it. I'm hip... none of the time. I digress. Perform enough high quality, concentrated repetitions, and any one of the aforementioned trinity verbs synergistically evolves into a most rewarding burn. Over the past few weeks, I've been experimenting with high repetition sit-ups. This is exciting stuff. Hold my water. I'm placing my feet under the couch and letting it rip. No less than 300-500 reps will serve to satiate my newly discovered addiction. Now, when I say that I perform anywhere between 300 to 500 repetitions a day, I'll be translucent in admitting that I break my sets up throughout the day. When I can spare a few minutes to allow my genius intellect a recline, I slip my tootsies below one side of a sofa and crank out 50 to 150 sit-ups at a time. One day, I managed to execute 200 clean reps in a single set. It was an incredible moment. Rock music revving, champagne showering, Pomeranians barking. I was even awarded a cheque in the form of my monthly water bill. You had to be there. Woof-woof. These exigent sets have delivered interesting recompense to my midsection, assisting my abdominals in making the enervating transformation from flab to FAB (short for "Fully Advised and Briefed"... what do you mean you've never seen Thunderbirds?) and I have been both enjoying and appreciating the fruits of my own labour. My point here is this: clocking in whatever exercise you can manage to implement can and will make a difference in your physique, and more importantly, your well-being. When all's said and done (or sat and upped), my multi-set, throughout-the-day abdominal training routine doesn't take me more than 10-15 minutes to conduct and I'm confident that the same would ring true for you, regardless of how many repetitions you can attain. Think big but start small. 20 reps at a time and you're in the groove, the tempo and the cadence. Feel your abdominals strain and contract as your back lifts off and returns to the floor. Ka-thunk. Ka-thunk. Now you're burning! Now you're building! Summon some courage and strive for 25 reps tomorrow. Resist discouragement if your progress is slow. Your training partner will always tell you to take a softer approach. He's a couch, after all. Let your endurance take shape naturally. Rushing things ruins things. Sit-ups are an outstanding exercise that aid in strengthening the core, accompanied by fringe benefits such as keeping your hips, lower back and mental acuity robust. Dare yourself to hit 100 reps in one day. Before you know it, your abdominals will look as if they're made of granite and Larry down the street will be calling you Zeus. Well, that's it for me. Get those trotters under your sectional and start sectioning off your abs. Until next time, be well and be happy.

PEF

forteriemuscle@gmail.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄